Auscultation Skills - Breath & Heart Sounds (5e)
Practitioners and students: see and hear breath and heart sounds with remarkable clarity while perfecting your auscultation technique.
Auscultation Skills: Breath & Heart Sounds, Fifth Edition, pinpoints exactly how, where, and why breath and heart sounds occur and helps you to differentiate normal from abnormal sounds quickly and accurately. Loaded with clear explanations, colorful illustrations, and linked to online audio cues, this sensational reference spans the simple to the complex and serves as an excellent tool for beginning practitioners and seasoned clinicians who are looking to hone their diagnostic skills and improve their auscultation technique.
Availability: In stock
This compact, practical book will improve your ability to auscultate for heart and breath sounds, and enhance your understanding of their physiology. Throughout, the book references corresponding tracks on the accompanying website, enabling users to listen to the sounds immediately after reading about the anatomical and physiologic changes associated with the sounds.
With full coverage of heart and breath sounds from the simple to the complex this comprehensive text explains heart and breath sound fundamentals including basic anatomy and physiology, best auscultation locations, tips on how to identify each sound, and what to document during a physical examination. Auscultation Skills: Breath & Heart Sounds, Fifth Edition offers practicing nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants a solid basis for recognizing and differentiating among abnormal breath and heart sounds to help them accurately interpret what they hear and then apply that knowledge toward a proper diagnosis and treatment regimen.
- Brilliant, full-color illustrations detailing basic anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, and the best auscultation sites for breath and heart sounds
- Includes nearly 100 tracks of normal and abnormal breath and heart sounds
- Pretests and Posttests in every chapter to challenge your understanding and test your ability to discern auscultation sounds
- Rapid-review assessment flowcharts for the most common auscultation findings
- Helpful logos drawing attention to Age issues, Auscultation tips, and Alerts
- Phonocardiogram and ECG tracings depicting normal and abnormal sounds
- Glossary, English-Spanish translation of cardiac and respiratory phrases and terms, and Auscultation findings for common disorders
|Author/s||Jessica S Coviello|
|Publisher||Wolters Kluwer Lippincott Williams & Wilkins|